The Dental Savings Program
If you are covered by Duke University Student Health Plan, you can save money on dental care by using the Dental Savings Program. Not an insurance plan, the Dental Savings Program provides dental care at substantially reduced rates from contracted dental providers. And because it is a discount program-not insurance-there are no lifetime maximums, exclusions or claim forms. To receive savings on dental care, follow these directions.
- Choose a contracted dental provider from the Dental Services list on this web site.
- Information about each provider's education, specialty, location and fee schedule is provided to help you make a decision.
- Check this web site each time you need dental care to see the most current list of providers and fee schedules.
- Phone the provider for an appointment.
- Mention that you plan to use the Basix Dental Savings Program offered through your Duke University Student Health Plan.
- The provider may know the Dental Savings Program by another name (the Basix Student Health Program) but it is the same program.
- Ask about payment options (cash, check, credit card) so you are prepared to pay for the services you receive at the time of your visit.
- At the dentist's office.
- Show the provider your student health plan card.
- Print the provider's fee schedule from this web site and take it with you.
- Pay the provider in full at the time of service to get the discounted rates.
- The discounted rates are not retroactive and do not apply to services that pre-date your access to the Program.
- Special offers, coupons and other promotions may only be combined with the Dental Savings Program at the provider's discretion.
No claim forms to fill out. No bills in the mail. That's it!
And Wellness Support!
A life-long habit of wellness is perhaps the best way to control health care costs, in addition to the obvious benefit of feeling great. To help, we have a summary of dental wellness techniques as well as free mp3 audio downloads for:
- Stationary bicycle, walking and treadmill fitness routines. Our coaches guide you through workouts ranging from introductory level, to an imaginary criterium bicycle race!
- Guided imagery routines for help relaxing and sleeping. Got tension? We’ve got help! Our guided imagery downloads range from white noise to an ancient Chinese technique known as Qigong.
- Weight management is, or will be, an issue for most of us. Build good habits now using our free downloads! “Weight Loss for Active People” is particularly useful for the on-the-go lifestyle of students. We even have a weight management file to help students understand and avoid the dreaded "Freshman 15"!